Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Kashmiri Chicken Pulao (Eid Special)


Did you notice the gap? the gap which went without posting any recipe, well my readers should because since Ramadan started I was posting recipes more regularly than before. The reason is I made a quick trip to Hong Kong with my mum and daughter. I will be posting more about the trip in my next post. Back to recipe.

Just for Ramadan some restaurants introduced iftar packages.One of the package had a Kashmiri pulao which took my total attention, so I brought this option for a busy day iftar, because the name sounds kind of special which made me want to taste it but when I saw this rice I knew it was just plain vegetable fried rice. I thought to my self is Kashmiri Pulao just this simple? I started my research and came up with a little bit Maldivian style of Kashmiri Pulao.  Since Eid is just few days away, I wanted to post special dishes for Eid. I did prepare this dish some days back, tasted more like a special biryani. This dish will be great for Eid lunch or any other special occasion.

Ingredients
2 cups basmati rice
1 900 grms chicken (cleaned, skin removed and chopped curry style)
3 teaspoon cumin powder
4 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 tsp allspice powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
4 pods of green cardamom
2 sticks of cinnamon
4 cloves
3 cloves of chopped garlic
1 inch ginger chopped
1 fresh chilly (githeyomirus) chopped
170 grms yoghurt
2 medium onions (sliced)
3 springs curry leaves
4 piece pandan leaf
¾ cup vegetable oil
3 cups water
2 1/3 tsp salt
1/4 cup dried raisins
1/4 cup dried fruits

Directions
1. Wash rice properly and soak it in water for 20 minutes.
2.  Put yogurt into a bowl and add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, all spice powder and black pepper powder, Whisk the yogurt nicely and keep it aside.
3. Heat 1/3 cup oil in a pan, add onion, curry leaves, pandan leaves, chilly, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, chopped garlic, ginger and saute until slightly brown.
4. Add the whisked yogurt mixture and saute, cook for 2 minutes and once you see oil floating up.
5. Add the chicken pieces, 3 cups water close pan with lid and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat.
6. When the chicken is cooked, add rice, dried raisins and fruits into the chicken and give a stir, at this stage if you think the chicken stock is not enough to cook rice add enough water and allow it to cook on low heat covered with lid.
7. When cooked fluff with a fork and serve hot.

Serves: 5

Hello! Please do not use my photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe on my blog.Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment