Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 23, 2015

Barbecue Spiced Roasted Chicken

For me easiest way to prepare a delicious meal is to roast chicken with vegetables. This time I did not use any vegetables just only the chicken. I have a barbecue spice bottle recently which I bought from lily F & B, so thought of using some spice from it. I mixed that spice with more ingredients and the result was amazing. 

Ingredients:
1 kg chicken (I used with skin)
4 tbs barbecue spice
2 tbs cayenne pepper
2 tbs tomato paste
3 tbs vegetable oil or olive oil
Extra oil for rubbing

Method:
1-Preheat oven to 190C. Wash chicken and pat very dry, but studies show that if there is bacteria washing will just spread it through, so you can decide if you want to wash or just clean it nicely. Cut chicken straight from back or if you want you can remove the back bone (I am not sure if that is the name called to the strong bone on back of chicken heehee). Mix all barbecue ingredients other than rubbing oil. Generously rub chicken inside and out with mixed paste, I use quite a bit of paste, which I think is one of the secrets to delicious tasting. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to marinate 2 hour’s. Place chicken breast-side down in roasting pan. Brush 1 tablespoon oil all over the top of the chicken.
2-Roast chicken breast-side down for 30 minutes, turn breast side up. Brush breast side with oil. Continue roasting for another 40 minutes, until cooked through. Best to bake on a charcoal oven, but I don’t have a charcoal oven so I baked in my normal oven. Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Carve and serve with a nice salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment