Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sharubath Boakibaa or Cake …… ridiculously easy

Yesterday I actually set out to make a super-easy one-step boakiba or cake and my flavor of the day was rose syrup. So I made the boakiba batter which was very thin, pored it into the pan & popped into my preheated oven, but when I removed the boakiba from the oven it was very very soft like a soggy blob, just it made me feel very disappointed after so much eager anticipation of making a good boakibaa, so I capt it to cool on my kitchen counter thinking what I will do with it and to my surprise as the boakiba cooled it got firmer and firmer after two hours just like a bread boakiba, so what I understood is that this boakiba after taken from the oven to until it cools down it keeps on cooking ...... yummy yum.....


Ingredients:
1cup flour
1cup coconut milk (I used liquid coconut milk packed in a packet)
11/2cup unsweetened sharubath (1cup water + 1/2cup rose syrup)
2eggs
1/2cup sugar
3/4cup condensed milk
2tbs margarine
Pinch of salt
A drop or two of red food coloring
1 table spoon of black sesame seed (optional)

For the pan:
2tbs butter or oil
2tbs flour

Method:
Preheat oven to 170C. Butter a 9inch baking pan, sprinkle the 2tbs flour into the greased pan and roll the pan to court the entire inside. Mix all the ingredients except the sesame seed in a food processor. Pour mixture in greased pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes remove the pan and sprinkle sesame seed. Return pan to oven, bake for another 50-60mins. Let cool the boakiba for minimum of two hours before cutting, the longer you keep the boakiba the better it is.....enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I just made this and I must say I love it! It's not even an hour out if the oven but I just cudnt wait!

    ReplyDelete