Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sugar cookies



If I bake cookies I have to bake two batches as my kids will start eating and I can't say no to them. The sweet smell of baking cookies mmmm, my sisters will come running wondering what I am baking. They will keep on asking " Dhontha miadhu koche hedhee "  what did you make today? They will check my fridge and inside oven. So after I bake or cook something special I send them each some as we all live separately in our own apartments. Here is a easy sugar cookie recipe and after this post I will post in a new label "my crafts" these cookies decorated.

 


Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2tsp vanilla extract

Method:
Whisk flour, salt and baking soda, set aside. In the bowl of your electric mixer or hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract, beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough. Divide the dough in half and wrap with plastic wrap or put each half in a zip bag. Keep in fridge for one hour.


Preheat oven to 177 C, place rack in center of oven. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
Remove one half of chilled dough from fridge. To roll and cut cookies prepare your kitchen counter by lining working area with plastic wrap. Sandwich your cookie dough by lining another peace of plastic wrap on top of dough than roll the dough to 1cm thickness. This technique made work easy for me. Cut to desired shapes and arrange on the parchment lines tray and chill again for 15minute.

Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Design or frost with royal icing as you wish .......enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment