Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Chocolate Lasagna

Does my chocolate lasagna looks good? well, believe me, the taste is even better. The beautiful soft taste of the cheese pudding just melts into it the taste of whipped cream and chocolate. And all that combined with Oreo and the crunch from the chocolate chips Yummy, really phenomenal!  Get ready for real chocolate heaven!
Some of my students who came to my classes which I conducted before Ramadan asked me how I melt chocolate, my way is melting in a double boiler. This is really easy to set up. All you need is a glass bowl big enough to hold the chocolate and at the same time fit into the top of a sauce pan without touching the bottom. In the sauce pan you simply boil water and then place the bowl of chocolate pieces on the top of the pan, stirring constantly until the chocolate is smooth.

Ingredients:
180 grms cream cheese
1 cup warm milo or hot chocolate
2 pkts Oreo cookies
300 grms chocolate pudding ( I used Pascual brand 75grms 4 small chocolate puddings)
1 cup whipping cream
1 tbs sugar
170 grms dark chocolate (melted)
90 grms chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
Method:
1_ Mix cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy, fold chocolate pudding, fold melted chocolate until everything is incorporated.
2_ Whip whipping cream with sugar until soft peaks.
To assemble lasagna:
3_ I used a glass loaf pan to make this dessert, dip Oreo cookies ( I did not remove center cream of Oreo cookies just dipped the whole cookie) in milo or hot chocolate and arrange in the bottom of pan.
4_ Next put half of the chocolate pudding mixture on top of the soaked Oreo’s and spread evenly. On pudding layer put half of the whipped cream and spread evenly. Again arranged dipped Oreo’s on whipped cream layer.
5_ Put rest of the chocolate pudding mixture on top of Oreo cookies, and on top with rest of whipped cream. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment