Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Black Forest Cheesecake

I love to cook or bake something new in my work free days, work free days are few days when I stop my classes and cake work just to give time for myself and kids, but I take this break when I earn enough to cover the work free days in the previous month. This is the best part of having an own business I can take break when I wanted without any hesitation without loss to my work with just little planning.

Cheesecakes we all love and today I am going to introduce Black forest cheesecake on my blog. I have tried to combine all the flavor’s which should be in a black forest cake in this cheesecake, and I am happy this cake turned out gorgeous by the look and taste. 

Ingredients:
Crust-
16 Oreo cookies
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Filling-
350 grms cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar (powdered)
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tin nestle cream
4 tbs cherry syrup
2 tbs corn flour
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
For topping
1 cup cherry pie filling
1/3 cup whipping cream whipped
½ cup chocolate ganache
½ cup shaved chocolate

Method:
Prepare the crust-
Preheat oven to 180 C. Crush the cookies in a bag (no need to remove the filling), then place cookie crumbs in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan, then pour butter over crumbs and stir until evenly moist. Dump mixture into the bottom of a 8" spring form pan or loose bottom pan and press down firmly on the bottom.Chill in fridge until filling is ready. 

Prepare the filling-
In the bowl of an electric mixer or hand mixer, blend cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and blend until fully incorporated. Add cherry syrup, nestle cream and vanilla and continue to blend. Now add eggs, cocoa powder and corn flour, mix to combine. Pour filling into the crust.

Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 55-65 minutes, until the center barely jiggles when nudged.

Cool cheesecake at room temperature 30 minutes, then move to the refrigerator and chill for 8 hours or overnight.

Chocolate Ganache: Chop 75 grms of chocolate set aside, heat ½ cup whip cream in a sauce pan when the whipped cream starts to boil take the sauce pan out from stove and tip the chopped chocolate into the hot whip cream, leave for 15 minutes and stir until chocolate and whipped cream is fully mixed. If the ganache is too thin pour ganache into a bowl and chill for some minutes, if ganache is thick it can be used immediately, just the ganache should be in a thick pouring consistency.

Top chilled cheesecakes with whipped cream, then spread cherry pie filling, pour chocolate ganache on top and sprinkle chocolate shavings…. Enjoy!

Note: cover inside and out of cake pan with aluminum foil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment