Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fish & Veg with Oyster Sauce



Some eight years back I saw my mum cooking this dish, I was curious at that time also to know what actually this dish was as it was the first time I saw my mum using oyster sauce. But my mum did not had a name she just told kind of tasty fish dish, she prepared for lunch so we ate with rice and I just loved it. Today I gave a try she did add some vegetables, I don’t remember all only capsicum I remember so I added another easily available vegetables which we can get in to this dish.
 
Ingredients:
300g tuna ( cut in to cubes)
2 big eggplant ( cut in to bite size pieces)(Bashi)
15 green beans(each cut in to 1inch long)
3 capsicum ( seeds removed & cut in to bite size)
2big onions (chopped or sliced)
12 curry leaves
5pc 2inch pandan leaves (raanbaa fai)
1tsp garlic paste
1/2tsp pepper powder
5tbs oyster sauce
2tbs dark soya sauce
1/3cup vegetable or olive oil
Salt

Method:
In a sauce pan heat oil, add onion, curry leaves, pandan leaves and garlic paste, sauté until onions get soft. Add eggplant, capsicum & beans stir put the lid on & let the vegetables cook. When it is cooked add the fish give a stir & let the fish also cook , this will not take much time as soon the fish gets cooked add soya sauce, oyster sauce & pepper powder stir fry on low heat for about three to four minutes. Season with salt if you think you need some salt, just taste & check. Serve with rice or roshi…………………..enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment